Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nader4Prez

I was walking to a football game the other day and was pretty focused because I was late and there were thousands of people milling about (Go Broncos...and BYU this weekend). As I cruised by a group of young adults, one of them tried to hand me something and then said, "Nader for President". I actually laughed out loud. Not at them, but at the idea. I should have gone back and apologized to them, because I'm sure it sounded awful, but it was just so absurd to say something like that out loud that I couldn't help but laugh. I actually wish it could happen...not that Nader could be president (although that would certainly be "change"), but that it were possible for him to be president. I realize I should here provide some sort of well thought out solution to the problem, or at least something that sounds decent but wouldn't have a chance in real life, but I don't know how to address the problem of only have two people to choose from in any given election, and so I'm going to let this end with a wish. I suspect the root of the problem is money, but I can't prove that.

No comments: